Saturday, July 16, 2016

U.S. Ambassador-Designate Elizabeth H. Richard Arrives in Lebanon

July 15, 2016
Media Notice 
For Immediate Release
Ambassador-designate Elizabeth H. Richard arrived in Lebanon on July 11 following confirmation of her appointment by the U.S. Senate on May 17, 2016.  After her meeting with Foreign Minister Bassil today, Ambassador-designate Richard made the following statement:
"I had the great honor to meet with Foreign Minister Bassil today, upon my arrival as the new U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon.  I could not be more thrilled and honored to serve as President Obama's representative to Lebanon. 
As I begin my time in Lebanon, I look forward to strengthening our countries' long-standing partnership, exploring all Lebanon has to offer, and becoming acquainted with its best asset – the Lebanese people. 
The American-Lebanese relationship is built on a solid foundation of shared values.  It has grown even stronger in recent years, and America has stood side-by-side with Lebanon as it has faced an array of challenges.  I look forward to building on the work of my predecessors and continuing our support for Lebanon's security, stability, and prosperity.  Thank you."